Kata Tjuta Sunrise & Valley of the Winds
½ day | Uluru (Ayers Rock) Return
View an outback sunrise at Kata Tjuta and a walk with your Guide to the Valley of the Winds. Hear fascinating stories of the geology, history and culture of Kata Tjuta. This incredible formation of rock domes extends six kilometres into the ground and is the remains of erosion that began more than 500 million years ago. The 5.4 kms walk to Valley of the Winds takes you down into a timeless haven within the domes through creek beds.
Dec2022-Feb2023: Closed for Season
Mar - Apr 2024: Tues/Thu/Sat
May - Nov 2023: Mon/Thu/Sat
Dec - Feb 2024: Thu/Sat
Mar 2024: Mon/Thu/Sat
(Subject to Availability)
95 minutes prior to sunrise from Ayers Rock Resort
5 hrs approximately after sunrise
+Park Entry Fee
Be one of the first to enter Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park today.
Dune Viewing Platform
From here enjoy a panoramic view of the southern side of Kata Tjuta, and see Uluru on the distant horizon.
Enjoy this with tea, coffee or hot chocolate.
Kata Tjuta Sunrise
Watch the dawn creep across the desert plain and light up the domes.
Join your Guide for the walk to this first lookout; see interesting rare plants along the way.
Valley of the Winds
Take this 5.4 kms challenging walk with your Guide to Karingana, the second lookout, and enjoy spectacular views into the heart of this sacred site.
Please note: This itinerary may be subject to change.
Prices above may vary according to your departure date.
- • Light Breakfast
- • Experienced Driver and Guide
- • Comprehensive commentary
- • Travel in an air-conditioned coach
What to Bring
- • Flynet in summer months (optional)
- • Warm layers in cooler months
- • Sturdy walking shoes (Shoes with heels, sandals, flip-flops or open toe shoes are not permitted)
- • Water bottle to hold 1.5 litres
- • Sunglasses, sunscreen and hat
• Valley of the Winds - walk to Karingana (5.4 kms) - Grade 4, difficult
high level of fitness is required.
- • Walk to Karingana Lookout - Grade 4, difficult
- • Walk to Karu Lookout - Grade 3, moderate