Kata Tjuta Sunrise & Valley of the Winds
½ day | Uluru (Ayers Rock) Return
View the sunrise at Kata Tjuta (the Olgas) and a walk with your Guide to the Valley of the Winds. Hear fascinating stories of the geology, history and culture of Kata Tjuta. This incredible formation of rock domes extends six kilometres into the ground and is the remains of erosion that began more than 500 million years ago. The walk to Valley of the Winds takes you down into a timeless haven within the domes through trickling creek beds.
95 minutes prior to sunrise from Ayers Rock Resort
11.30am (Oct-Mar) and 12 noon (Apr-Sep) (times approximate)
+Park Entry Fee
Travel to Kata Tjuta (the Olgas) - Where your Driver Guide will explain the geological history of the area. Watch the spectacular sunrise over Kata Tjuta with Uluru in the distance from the western dune viewing area, light breakfast included.
Valley of the Winds lookout - Your Driver Guide will then escort you on a 2-3 hour walk to the Valley of the Winds lookout. Marvel at the unique flora and admire the view of the central valley of the domes of Kata Tjuta.
This tour may return to Ayers Rock Resort after midday.
Please note – A moderate level of fitness is required to complete the Valley of the Winds walk as the Walpa Gorge Walk is no longer an alternative option
Included Meals: Breakfast
Please note: This itinerary may be subject to change.
Prices above may vary according to your departure date.
- • Light Breakfast
- • Experienced Driver and Guide
- • Comprehensive commentary
- • Travel in an air-conditioned coach
What to Bring
- • Enclosed walking shoes
- • Water bottle to hold 2 litre
- • Sunglasses, hat, sunscreen
- • Flynet in summer months (optional)
- • Warm layers in cooler months
- • Moderate to good level of fitness required
- • Valley of the Winds can be a little challenging - shorter walks are available for those not wanting to walk to the second lookout.
- • Breakfast