Top Ten Travel Must Dos for 2021
Are you full of angst and ready to go exploring? As we welcome the New Year, we’re awakening that ever so strong passion to once again travel. To meet new people who live extraordinary lives, embracing culture different from our own. To learn something new, feel complete awe and see those ever so precious wonders. To not stop laughing, have moments of indescribable joy - creating memories to cherish forever. So, where will you go next?
With everchanging regulations making it tricky and somewhat complex to plan your next adventure, it may be worth taking the worry out of your journey and with the helping hands of experts! With over 100 years of experience, here at AAT Kings we take care of absolutely everything so that you can get on with creating great new memories.
Start planning your 2021 adventure with our top 10 must do destinations in Australia.
1. Have a beer on us at the remote pub Daly Waters, the character of this pub will leave you smiling as you explore the walls, ceilings all covered with items left behind by their patrons.
2. Join Dan in the west MacDonald Ranges, where he'll show you other worlds at the Earth Sanctuary, followed by billy tea on the fire.
3. Join a food expert as they introduce you to vibrant market life, where the local people share their passion and you taste your way around all that Adelaide Market has to offer.
4. Explore the lesser-known opal mining town of Coober Pedy, where homes are built protecting locals from the scorching day heat and cold desert nights. Rest your head at the Desert Hotel where rooms are built underground.
5. Try a lavender latte or lavender Ice-cream at Bridie Lavender Estate where you can meet the growers and explore the fields scouting for that perfect selfie spot.
6. Enjoy a four-hour lunch cruising along the coast of Freycinet Peninsula, past the towering pink granite cliffs to Wineglass Bay.
7. Marvel at the beauty of Cradle Mountain walking the family-friendly track to one of Tasmania's icons as you pass flora and fauna like King Billy pine, myrtle and button grass to then admire the spectacular Dove Lake.
Tassie's Parks & Nature 7 days
8. Experience artist Bruce Munro’s Field of Light exclusively at sunrise, wandering through 50,000 magical hand-crafted frosted glass spheres of light, in colours of ochre, deep violet, blue and gentle white, as the sun lights up Uluru.
9. Cruise the jewel of the Top End, spectacular Katherine Gorge in Nitmiluk National Park. Admire the ancient, towering sandstone walls and spot freshies sunbathing on mini beaches, learning about the oldest living culture on earth, as well as the stories hidden in the depths.
10. Take a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to visit the Tiwi Islands, and say hello to the people living within a modern-day, extremely remote Aboriginal community, discovering their rich culture and unique lifestyle - scenes seldom seen by many outsiders.
Kakadu & Tiwi Islands Explorer 3 days