Tasmania - Isle of DiscoveryPosted: 1 June 2017
Tasmania is a destination on many travellers’ bucket lists. Known for its amazing scenery, wildlife, history and also home to some of Australia’s best wineries, Tasmania is a perfect guided holiday destination.
Whether it be exploring the contrasting colonial and modern atmosphere of Hobart or taking in all of the surrounding rainforest’s natural beauty, there’s so much about Tasmania that will leave you wanting more.
With sightseeing spots spread out across the island, relax and let AAT Kings bring the destination to life for you as their expert Travel Directors share their local knowledge.
Here are some popular experiences enjoyed on AAT Kings’ Tasmania holidays:
1. Get back to nature at Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park. Explore the extensive network of walking tracks and hike along the shores of Dove Lake with views of Cradle Mountain. The captivating landscape is home to wombats, Tasmanian Devils, platypus and echidna.
2. Explore the environmentally-friendly 41° South Salmon Farm to meet the Pyka family and learn how salmon are raised in the fresh water ponds. Taste Tasmanian Atlantic Salmon harvested from the waters of the Montana Falls and tour their ginseng plantation.
3. Discover Tasmania’s convict past at Port Arthur, located 100 km from Hobart. Port Arthur was the site of one of Australia’s highest security convict prisons, where between 1830 and 1853, around 12,500 convicts passed through.
4. Get your art fix. The Museum of Old and New Art (MONA) has made a name for itself on the global art scene since opening in 2011. With MONA and exhibitions at both the Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery and the Queen Victoria Museum and Art Gallery, Tasmania offers much for art enthusiasts.
5. Visit Shene Estate, a reflection of early Australian architecture and the colonial era for a Be My Guest experience. Enjoy a walking tour of this iconic property with a local expert before partaking in some locally-made delicacies for a morning tea.
Experience these and other must-do Tasmania experiences like wine tasting at Josef Chromy Estate, a Gordon River Cruise and a visit to Freycinet National Park on an AAT Kings Tasmania Guided Holidays ranging from four to 12 days.
Holidays include many meals, sightseeing, accommodation, transport and airport transfers plus the services of a knowledgeable Travel Director and Driver Guide.
For more Tasmania travel inspiration, visit www.gobehindthescenery.com.au
Gordon Gillan, AAT Kings
- Val Bird's Travel Diary in New Zealand
- Tasmania - Isle of Discovery
- Winter Warmers to Australia
- AAT Kings' Easter Egg Hunt: Kiwi Bird Eggs
- AAT Kings' Easter Egg Hunt: Echidna Eggs
- AAT Kings' Easter Egg Hunt: Little Penguin Eggs
- AAT Kings
- Field of Light
- Food and Wine
- Hunter Valley
- Maori Culture
- New Zealand
- New Zealand North Island
- New Zealand South Island
- Northern Territory
- Red Centre