Uluru Sunrise & Kata Tjuta
½ day | Uluru (Ayers Rock) Return
The early rise is well worth it as you experience the two major landmarks in Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park. Start with an amazing sunrise at Talinguru Nyakunytjaku, the Uluru sunrise viewing area. Afterwards, on the 45 kms drive to Kata Tjuta your Driver Guide will provide you with an historical overview of the National Park. The walk through the sheer walls of Walpa Gorge won’t disappoint as you’re led into a world of rare plant species and lush evergreen scrubs.
Apr- Aug 2023: Daily
Sep - Nov 2023: Mon/Wed/Thu/Sat/Sun
Dec - Jan 2024:Mon/Tue/Thu//Fri/Sun
Feb - Mar 2024: Mon/Tue/Thu/Fri/Sat/Sun
(Subject to availability)
90 minutes prior to sunrise from Ayers Rock Resort
10.45am (Oct-Mar) and 11.30am (Apr-Sep)
(4 hrs approximately after sunrise)
+Park Entry Fee
Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park
This is your destination for unforgettable sights.
Witness an inspirational Red Centre sunrise.
Enjoy a warming cup of tea, coffee or hot chocolate as the dawn creeps across the desert plain and lights up Uluru.
On your way to Kata Tjuta, your Driver Guide will provide insight into the history and geology of this ancient land.
Dune Viewing Platform
From here enjoy a panoramic view of the southern side of Kata Tjuta, and see Uluru on the distant horizon.
Arrive at the 36 steep-sided domes, the other icon of Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park.
Meaning ‘wind’ in the local Aboriginal language, a breeze will accompany you as you explore the gorge.
Sheer gorge walls
Follow the path between two of the tallest domes of Kata Tjuta, to a lush oasis in the desert.
Admire mulla mulla plants and spearwood trees at the end of the gorge.
Please note: This itinerary may be subject to change.
Prices above may vary according to your departure date.
- • Tea, coffee, biscuits & snacks
- • Experienced Driver Guide
- • Comprehensive commentary
- • Travel in an air-conditioned coach
What to Bring
- • Warm layers in cooler months
- • Consider packing a light breakfast or bring snacks
- • Water bottle to hold 1 litre
- • Sturdy walking shoes (Shoes with heels, sandals, flip-flops or open toe shoes are not permitted)
- • Sunglasses, sunscreen and hat
- • Water bottle to hold 1.5 litres
- • Flynet in summer months (optional)
- • Walpa Gorge Walk - Grade 3, moderate
- • Apr-Sep: Flights to depart Ayers Rock after 1:30pm. Oct-Mar: Flights to depart after 12:45pm.