Uluru & Kings Canyon Discovery
3 days | Alice Springs Return
Uluru Sunset • Uluru Sunrise • Kata Tjuta & Walpa Gorge • Uluru Base Tour • Aboriginal Rock Art • Kings Canyon • Mutitjulu Waterhole
Daily 7.00am (Apr-Mar)
7.00pm (Oct-Mar) and 7.30pm (Apr-Sep)
Prices From Code: A3A
As this Short Break departs at 7.00am, accommodations will need to be pre-booked for the previous night.
See Atila (Mt. Conner) today as you make your way to Ayers Rock Resort. View the amazing collection of Indigenous paintings at the Uluru-Kata Tjuta Aboriginal Cultural Centre, then tour the base of Uluru with your expert Driver Guide. Continue to see ancient rock art sites along the Kuniya Walk, and experience the majesty of the sacred Mutitjulu Waterhole. In the late afternoon, enjoy the colour changes of Uluru as the sun sets over the largest monolith in the world while sipping sparkling wine.
Hotel: Outback Pioneer Hotel, Desert Gardens Hotel or Sails in the Desert Hotel, Ayers Rock Resort.
Witness the first rays of the sun set Uluru and the Red Centre alight. Continue to the mystical domes of Kata Tjuta (also known as the Olgas). On the way, enjoy panoramic views of the southern side of Kata Tjuta from the dune viewing area before arriving at Walpa Gorge. Spend some time exploring the gorge and the conglomerate rock formations of the region. In the early afternoon, travel to Kings Canyon for the next part of your Short Break experience.
Hotel: Kings Canyon Resort, Standard Rooms or Kings Canyon Resort, Deluxe Spa Rooms
Climb a 100-metre cliff and walk 6kms along the canyon's rim for impressive views of grottos, chasms, cliffs and other natural wonders spread throughout the region. Deep between the sandstone cliffs is the Garden of Eden, a waterhole surrounded by exotic plants. Or, set off on a two-kilometre stroll along the boulder-strewn canyon creek bed that leads to impressive views of the canyon rim. Later, travel through each stunning desert location, with informative commentary provided by your Driver Guide, to Alice Springs, where your Short Break concludes.
As this Short Break concludes after 7.00pm, accommodations will need to be pre-booked for tonight.
Please note: This itinerary may be subject to change.
Prices above may vary according to your departure date.
For travel prior to 31 March 2020, itinerary operate as per 2019/20 brochure itinerary. For dates and prices, please contact our Reservations Team.
Choose from a range of accommodation standards below. AAT Kings has hand-picked a range of hotels in key destinations to suit all kinds of budgets and we’ve pre-negotiated amazing prices for you.
Day 1 - Sails in the Desert Hotel, Ayers Rock Resort.
In the heart of Australia's Red Centre, the hotel beautifully contrasts Uluru's raw natural beauty with a luxurious outback holiday experience.
Soaring white sails crown Ayers Rock Resort's Sails in the Desert Hotel, shading 228 luxury five star rooms and suites.
Day 2 - Kings Canyon Resort, Deluxe Spa Rooms
Set in a prime location and nestled in amongst a rugged bush setting, these rooms offer deluxe accommodation with a spacious spa bath and feature a window providing scenic views. Each Deluxe Spa Room also features a private balcony offering a magnificent outlook onto a rocky escarpment that is tastefully lit at night.
Need accommodation before or after your tour?
Our special discounted rates make booking accommodation with us during your holiday both easy and affordable at selected AAT Kings hotels and resorts. Ask our friendly reservations at the time of booking.
- • Accommodation
- • Uluṟu-Kata Tjuṯa National Park Ticket
- • Experienced Driver Guide
- • Comprehensive commentary
- • Travel in an air-conditioned coach
What to Bring
- • Enclosed walking shoes
- • Sunglasses, hat, sunscreen
- • Water bottle to hold 3 litres for the Rim Walk or 1.5 litres for the Creek Bed Walk
- • Warm layers in cooler months
- • Flynet in summer months (optional)
- • Cash if purchasing Aboriginal artwork
- • Snacks for breakfast (Day 2)
- • Uluṟu: Low level of fitness required. Approximately 1 hour gentle walk
- • Kata Tjuta: Moderate level of fitness required. Uneven surfaces to complete Walpa Gorge walk
- • Guests can return to the coach at any time if needed
- • Kings Canyon: Good level of fitness required for the 3 hour canyon Rim Walk
- • Low to moderate level of fitness required for the canyon Creek Bed Walk
- • Day Prior: Flights to arrive anytime into Alice Springs Airport
- • Day 3: We recommend guests to fly out the day after the tour finishes in Alice Springs