Uluru Sunrise & Field of Light
½ day | Uluru Return
Internationally acclaimed artist Bruce Munro is noted for his immersive site-specific installations that employ light to evoke emotional response, often in an outdoor context and on a monumental scale. His Field of Light, inspired by a trip to Uluru over 30 years ago, is installed in a remote desert area within sight of majestic Uluru. It is his largest installation to date, with Munro and his team installing more than 50,000 slender stems crowned with radiant frosted glass spheres. It is truly a magical sight to behold.
105 minutes prior to sunrise from Ayers Rock Resort
30 minutes approximately after sunrise to Ayers Rock Resort
Please note: Departure & Return times vary throughout the year due to different sunrise times.
Prices From CODE: FOL
- • Tea, coffee or hot chocolate at the sunrise viewing area
- • Experienced Driver Guide
- • Travel in an air-conditioned coach
What to Bring
- • Warm layers in cooler months
- • Flynet in summer months (optional)
- • Small torch or Mobile Phone Light
- • Enclosed walking shoes
- • Field of Light - Low level of fitness required
- • Field of Light - Passengers with low levels of mobility will be offered alternative route to view experience.
The Field of Light
Rise before sunrise to travel the short distance to a desert location overlooking Uluru. Your Driver Guide will provide insights and background into this emotive and unique desert art installation. Under the cover of darkness, you’re invited to wander through the pathways that encompass the 50,000 spheres of light in colours of ochre, deep violet, blue and gentle white.
Private dune top viewing
Make your way up the hill to the dune top viewing area. Watch the amazing transformation of colours and life as the Red Centre awakens, while enjoying tea, coffee or hot chocolate. Then as the first rays of sunlight creep across the desert sky, gaze in awe as the sun rises in the distance behind Uluru, flooding the landscape, including Kata Tjuta behind you, with light.
Sunrise over the Red Centre
You’ll have an incredible view through stunning desert landscape as the sun rises over the Red Centre. As the natural light brightens the landscape, the Field of Light will dim for the day. Capture some amazing photos from this unique raised location, which allows you to view both Uluru and Kata Tjuta in all their natural glory.
* Please note, the Field of Light Site is dimly lit, we highly recommend you use your phone light or bring a small torch to help navigate yourself on the pathway.*
Please note: This itinerary may be subject to change.
Prices above may vary according to your departure date.