Kings Canyon & Outback Panoramas (returns to Uluru)
1 day | Uluru (Ayers Rock) Return
You’ll get a sense of the remoteness of outback Australia as you travel to Kings Canyon. Located in the heart of Watarrka National Park, it lies in an ancient Australian landscape that is sacred ground for the Ulpanyali and Lilla people. The Rim Walk is a once-in-a-lifetime experience. The climb up a 100-metre cliff face reveals views of sandstone walls, grottos, chasms and cliffs. Or, for something more relaxing, set off on a two-kilometre stroll along the creek bed that leads to impressive views of the canyon rim.
Dec2023-Feb 2024: Wed/Fri/Sun
(Subject to Availability)
4.00am (Oct-Mar) and 4.30am (Apr-Sep) from Ayers Rock Resort
5.00pm (Oct-Mar) and 5.30pm (Apr-Sep) to Ayers Rock Resort
Prices From Code: Y19
Travel through the desert plains on your way to Kings Canyon.
Kings Creek Station
Stop here for a cooked breakfast.
Join your Guide for the 6 kms walk to the rim of the Canyon and learn about the history and geology of the region as well as the flora and fauna.
Garden of Eden
Visit this permanent water source and enjoy spectacular views across Watarrka National Park (time permitting & swimming not permitted).
Creek Bed Walk
For a more leisurely experience, take this walk with your Driver Guide for spectacular views of the sheer cliff face at the far end of the canyon.
Optional Scenic Flight
If you’re doing the Creek Bed Walk, there’s time for a scenic helicopter flight over the Canyon (own expense).
Kings Canyon Resort
Time out for lunch (own expense).
Pack your swimmers for a dip at Kings Canyon Resort pool.
Please note: This itinerary may be subject to change.
Prices above may vary according to your departure date.
- • Breakfast
- • Experienced Driver and Guide
- • Comprehensive commentary
- • Travel in an air-conditioned coach
What to Bring
- • Warm layers in cooler months
- • Water bottle to hold 3 litres for the Rim Walk or 1.5 litres for the Creek Bed Walk
- • Swimmers & towel (if swimming)
- • Sunglasses, sunscreen and hat
- • Sturdy walking shoes (Shoes with heels, sandals, flip-flops or open toe shoes are not permitted)
- • Flynet in summer months (optional)
- • Kings Canyon Creek Bed Walk - Grade 2, easy
- • Kings Canyon Rim Walk - Grade 4, difficult
- • Breakfast