Kings Canyon & Outback Panoramas (returns to Uluru)
1 day | Uluru (Ayers Rock) Return
You’ll get a sense of the remoteness of outback Australia as you travel to Kings Canyon. Located in the heart of Watarrka National Park, it lies in an ancient Australian landscape that is sacred ground for the Ulpanyali and Lilla people. The Rim Walk is a once-in-a-lifetime experience. The climb up a 100-metre cliff face reveals views of sandstone walls, grottos, chasms and cliffs. Or, for something more relaxing, set off on a two-kilometre stroll along the creek bed that leads to impressive views of the canyon rim.
Daily 4.00am (Oct-Mar) and 4.30am (Apr-Sep) from Ayers Rock Resort
5.00pm (Oct-Mar) and 5.30pm (Apr-Sep) to Ayers Rock Resort
Prices From Code: Y19
Travel to Kings Canyon - From Ayers Rock Resort, stopping for breakfast at Kings Creek Station (included) along the way.
Climb to the rim of the canyon - Make the rocky climb to the rim of the canyon for marvellous views of Watarrka National Park. Follow the rim of the canyon stopping to look down into the canyon gorge at look-out points. Time permitting, you may choose to descend into the green oasis of the 'Garden of Eden'.
Circuit walk - The circuit walk takes approximately 3 hours to complete and is rocky and steep in parts. It is recommended for those with a good level of fitness. Alternatively, you may wish to take an easier, shorter walk to explore the boulder strewn canyon floor.
Return to Ayers Rock Resort - After lunch (own expense).
Please Note: This tour departs from and returns to Uluru. For tour departing Uluru and finishing in Alice Springs please visit the Kings Canyon to Alice Springs option of this tour.
Included Meals: Breakfast
Please note: This itinerary may be subject to change.
Prices above may vary according to your departure date.
- • Breakfast
- • Experienced Driver and Guide
- • Comprehensive commentary
- • Travel in an air-conditioned coach
What to Bring
- • Enclosed and sturdy walking shoes
- • Water bottle to hold 3 litres for the Rim Walk or 1.5 litres for the Creek Bed Walk
- • Sunglasses, hat, sunscreen
- • Flynet in summer months (optional)
- • Comfortable protective clothing
- • Warm layers in cooler months
- • Good level of fitness required for the 3 hour canyon Rim Walk
- • Low to moderate level of fitness required for the canyon Creek Bed Walk
- • Breakfast