Litchfield National Park Waterfalls
1 day | Darwin Return
Established in 1986, Litchfield National Park is a stunning location. You can take in the splendour of thundering waterfalls, rainforest pockets and historic sacred sites. It is a haven for hundreds of native bird species and the plateau supports a rich range of woodland flora. The traditional custodians of the Park are the Wagait people, many of whom still call the area home.
Darwin, 6.00pm approximately
Prices From Code: D5
Florence Falls - View the double falls from a high vantage point before making your way down to take a swim in the plunge pool.
Interpretive Guided walk -There's time for a walk through the scenic bush and monsoon vine forest.
Tolmer Falls - This is a spectacular photo opportunity; it’s home to colonies of rare ghost and orange horseshoe bats.
Lunch - Take a break at the Litchfield Cafe.
Wangi Falls - Swim in the large plunge pool, the most accessible of all in the region and the perfect place for a final dip today.
Howard Springs Nature Park - Feed the barramundi and turtles.
Magnetic Termite Mounds - The work of local termites, standing upright like magnetic compasses, they make for a fun photo.
Included Meals: Lunch
Please note: This itinerary may be subject to change.
Prices above may vary according to your departure date.
- • Lunch
- • Experienced Driver Guide
- • Comprehensive commentary
- • Travel in an air-conditioned coach
What to Bring
- • Enclosed walking shoes
- • Sunglasses, hat, sunscreen
- • Water bottle to hold 1 litre
- • Warm layers in cooler months
- • Swimmers & towel (if swimming)
- • Low to moderate level of fitness required
- • Florence Falls: 160 step staircase down to swimming area, or there is a viewing platform at top of the falls if you do not wish to swim
- • Tolmer Falls: is a flat walk of 15mins each way
- • Wangi Falls – is an easy 5 minute walk through rainforest
- • Lunch