Kakadu & Litchfield National Parks
3 days | Darwin Return
Kakadu National Park • Aboriginal Rock Art • Yellow Water Billabong Cruise • Cultural Cruise with Aboriginal Guide • Litchfield National Park Waterfalls
Daily (May-Nov) 6.30am
Prices From Code: DK48
As this Short Break departs at 6.30am, accommodation will need to be pre-booked for the previous night.
Depart Darwin and travel through pristine wetlands to Kakadu National Park, with its suite of landscapes varying from red-hued escarpments to floodplains teeming with wildlife. Visit the Warradjan Cultural Centre, then join your local guide on an award-winning cruise to experience the dramatic scenery of the Yellow Water Billabong. Keep an eye out for saltwater crocodiles, a diverse array of smaller wildlife, and the range of birdlife for which this region is renowned.
Hotel: Mercure Kakadu Crocodile Hotel, Kakadu.
Included Meals: Lunch
This morning join your Driver Guide to explore the World Heritage Area of Ubirr, where you’ll climb up through the ancient Aboriginal rock art galleries, believed to be 20,000 years old, to the lookout for a view over the surrounding wetlands. Join the Guluyambi Cruise on the East Alligator River. An Aboriginal guide will provide an insight into their culture, including local mythology, the river’s abundant food chain, as well as bush survival skills. With special permission of the local people, you can go ashore in Arnhem Land. Visit the Marrawuddi Art Gallery before returning to Darwin.
Hotel: Travelodge Darwin Resort
Included Meals: Lunch
In Litchfield National Park today your first stop is beautiful Florence Falls. After a swim in its pristine rock pool, travel on to Tolmer Falls for a magnificent view of the water cascading down to the deep waterhole below. Wangi Falls, with its large crystal-clear pool, is another relaxing spot for a swim. At Howard Springs Nature Park, you’ll have the opportunity to feed the barramundi and turtles. Return to Darwin in the early evening, where your Short Break concludes.
Included Meals: Lunch
As this Short Break concludes at 6.00pm, you may like to pre-book accommodation for tonight.
Please note: This itinerary may be subject to change.
Please Note: This itinerary is valid for travel from 1 April 2020. Due to seasonal conditions this itinerary may change without notice. Prices above may vary according to your departure date.
Choose from a range of accommodation standards below. AAT Kings has hand-picked a range of hotels in key destinations to suit all kinds of budgets and we’ve pre-negotiated amazing prices for you.
Day 1 - Mercure Kakadu Crocodile Hotel, Kakadu.
The indigenous owned luxury accommodation is uniquely shaped to represent Kakadu's most famous inhabitant, the saltwater crocodile. Relax in the recently refurbished rooms, unwind in your private courtyard, by the shaded outdoor pool or take in the landscaped interior garden view from the balcony.
Day 2 - Travelodge Darwin Resort
Located in the heart of the CBD, Travelodge Mirambeena Resort Darwin is an inner city oasis, close to everything in town while providing privacy in a lush setting.
Need accommodation before or after your tour?
Our special discounted rates make booking accommodation with us during your holiday both easy and affordable at selected AAT Kings hotels and resorts. Ask our friendly reservations at the time of booking.
- • Kakadu National Park Ticket
- • Accommodation
- • Experienced Driver Guide
- • Comprehensive commentary
- • Travel in an air-conditioned coach
What to Bring
- • Enclosed walking shoes
- • Sunglasses, hat, sunscreen, insect repellent
- • Water bottle to hold 1 litre
- • Warm layers in cooler months
- • Swimmers & towel (if swimming)
- • Low to moderate level of fitness required
- • Nourlangie Rock: 1.5km walk around the base. The walk has built in steps along the path
- • Ubir: Walk is slightly uneven around the base but quite steep on the way to lookout
- • Florence Falls: 160 step staircase down to swimming area, or there is a viewing platform at top of the falls if you do not wish to swim
- • Tolmer Falls: is a flat walk of 15mins each way
- • Wangi Falls: is an easy walk from the carpark
- • Lunch (3)
- • Day Prior: Flights to arrive anytime into Darwin Airport
- • Day 3: We recommend guests to fly out the day after the tour finishes in Darwin