Kata Tjuta, Uluru & Kings Canyon
4 days | Alice Springs Return
Uluru Sunset • Uluru Barbecue Dinner • Uluru Sunrise • Kata Tjuta & Walpa Gorge • Kata Tjuta Sunset • Uluru Base Tour • Aboriginal Rock Art • Kings Canyon
Wednesdays 7.00am (Apr-Mar)
7.00pm (Oct-Mar) and 7.30pm (Apr-Sep)
Prices From Code: A4A
As this Short Break departs at 7.00am, accommodation will need to be pre-booked for the previous night.
On day one, depart Alice Springs and stop to view Atila (Mt. Conner) before arriving at Ayers Rock Resort. This afternoon travel to Kata Tjuta (the Olgas). Marvel at the unique flora and witness a magnificent outback sunset while enjoying sparkling wine.
Hotel: Outback Pioneer Hotel, Desert Gardens Hotel or Sails in the Desert Hotel, Ayers Rock Resort, 2 nights.
Watch the sunrise at Uluru, and then travel to the 36 sandstone domes of Kata Tjuta. Spend time exploring Walpa Gorge and its unusual rock formations. This afternoon, visit the Uluru-Kata Tjuta Aboriginal Cultural Centre. Then, join your tour guide for a drive around the base of Uluru. Continue to the Kuniya Walk, where you’ll be escorted to the beautiful Mutitjulu Waterhole. View ancient Aboriginal cave paintings and learn about the Indigenous and European history of Uluru. In the late afternoon, experience the colour changes of Uluru as the sun sets over the world’s largest monolith, while sipping sparkling wine.
Included Meals: Dinner
In the early afternoon, drive from Uluru through spectacular desert scenery to Kings Canyon Resort.
Hotel: Kings Canyon Resort, Standard Rooms or Kings Canyon Resort, Deluxe Spa Rooms
Join a guided climb to the rim of Kings Canyon for marvellous views of Watarrka National Park. Or, you may wish to take an easier, shorter walk to explore the boulder-strewn canyon creek bed.
Travel back to Alice Springs, where your short break concludes.
As this Short Break concludes after 7.00pm, accommodation will need to be pre-booked for tonight.
Please note: This itinerary may be subject to change.
Prices above may vary according to your departure date.
For travel prior to 31 March 2020, itinerary operate as per 2019/20 brochure itinerary. For dates and prices, please contact our Reservations Team.
Choose from a range of accommodation standards below. AAT Kings has hand-picked a range of hotels in key destinations to suit all kinds of budgets and we’ve pre-negotiated amazing prices for you.
Day 1 - Sails in the Desert Hotel, Ayers Rock Resort, 2 nights.
In the heart of Australia's Red Centre, the hotel beautifully contrasts Uluru's raw natural beauty with a luxurious outback holiday experience.
Soaring white sails crown Ayers Rock Resort's Sails in the Desert Hotel, shading 228 luxury five star rooms and suites.
Day 3 - Kings Canyon Resort, Deluxe Spa Rooms
Set in a prime location and nestled in amongst a rugged bush setting, these rooms offer deluxe accommodation with a spacious spa bath and feature a window providing scenic views. Each Deluxe Spa Room also features a private balcony offering a magnificent outlook onto a rocky escarpment that is tastefully lit at night.
Need accommodation before or after your tour?
Our special discounted rates make booking accommodation with us during your holiday both easy and affordable at selected AAT Kings hotels and resorts. Ask our friendly reservations at the time of booking.
- • Accommodation
- • Uluṟu-Kata Tjuṯa National Park Ticket
- • Experienced Driver Guide
- • Comprehensive commentary
- • Travel in an air-conditioned coach
What to Bring
- • Enclosed walking shoes
- • Sunglasses, hat, sunscreen
- • Water bottle to hold 3 litres for the Rim Walk or 1.5 litres for the Creek Bed Walk
- • Warm layers in cooler months
- • Flynet in summer months (optional)
- • Cash if purchasing Aboriginal artwork
- • Snacks for breakfast (Day 2)
- • Uluṟu: Low level of fitness required. Approximately 1 hour gentle walk
- • Kata Tjuṯa: Moderate level of fitness required. Uneven surfaces to complete Walpa Gorge walk
- • Guests can return to the coach at any time if needed
- • Kings Canyon: Good level of fitness required for the 3 hour canyon Rim Walk
- • Low to moderate level of fitness required for the canyon Creek Bed Walk
- • Day Prior: Flights to arrive anytime into Alice Springs Airport
- • Day 4: We recommend guests to fly out the day after the tour finishes in Alice Springs