Japanese Uluru Sunrise and Kata Tjuta Tour
½ day | Uluru Return
Travel to the sunrise viewing area with Japanese-speaking guide and watch the first sunlight of the day spread across the desert plain. Participate in a 1 hour guided walk at Walpa Gorge.
04:45-06:15 (varies throughout the year)
from Ayers Rock Resort
10:30-11:45 (varies throughout the year)
to Ayers Rock Resort
Prices From CODE: Y35
- • Japanese-speaking Guide
- • Travel in an air-conditioned coach
- • Tea or coffee at sunrise viewing area
- • Barley Tea and Refresher Towel after guided walk
What to Bring
- • Water bottle
- • Camera
- • Warm layers in cooler months
- • Sunglasses, sunscreen and hat
- • Enclosed walking shoes
• Walpa Gorge Walk - Grade 3, moderate
Uneven surfaces to complete Walpa Gorge walk. Guests can return to the coach at any time if needed. Moderate level of fitness required to complete the Walpa Gorge Walk
- • If you depart with JQ668 (BNE), QF729 (SYD) and JQ665 (MEL), you will not be able to join Y35 tour on the same day.
- • You must checkout of your accommodation prior to the tour departure if you are leaving for other destination after Y35 tour
Travel to Uluru (Ayers Rock) sunrise viewing area, Talinguru Nyakunytjaku, at the south-eastern end of Uluru. Watch the first sunlight of the day spread across the desert plain. Enjoy a warming cup of tea or coffee as the morning sun slowly changes the colour of Uluru. Then travel to Kata Tjuta (the Olgas). Commence the 1 hour walk at Walpa Gorge at the base of Kata Tjuta (2.6km return). Along the way, your guide will point out and explain flora and fauna unique to this semi-arid environment. On your return to the coach enjoy a refreshing drink of barley tea (mugi-cha) and a cool refresher towel. Return to Ayers Rock Resort.
- Please check whether your pick-up hotel information is correct as above
- You must bring a minimum of 500ml of water per person for your walk
- You must checkout of your accommodation prior to the tour departure if you are leaving for other destination after Y35 tour. Because Y35 tour cannot get back to the Resort by hotel check-out time at 10:00am all year round
- If you depart with JQ668 (BNE), QF729 (SYD) and JQ665 (MEL), you will not be able to join Y35 tour on the same day. You need to book English Sunrise & Field of Light Sunrise Tour (FOL) instead.
- The tour may be operated in a small vehicle driven by a Japanese-speaking driver-guide or in conjunction with English Day Tours (Y14) with a Japanese-speaking guide.
Please note: This itinerary may be subject to change.
Note: Emu Walk Apartments guests join at Desert Gardens, Lost Camel Hotel guests join at Sails in the Desert for hotel pickup.
Make the most of your Day Tour with an Optional Add-On.
The Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park ticket is compulsory for any tour that enters the National Park and is valid for 3 consecutive days. You must carry your ticket with you every time you enter the National Park or you will be required to purchase another ticket. This is a government charge and is subject to change without notice. Children 15 years and under are not required to pay the entry fee.