Uluru & Kings Canyon Unearthed
3 days | Uluru (Ayers Rock) to Alice Springs
Uluru Sunset • Uluru Sunrise • Uluru Base Tour • Kata Tjuta & Walpa Gorge • Aboriginal Rock Art • Watarrka National Park • Kings Canyon
Daily, 2.30pm (Apr-Oct) and 3.00pm (Nov-Mar)
7.00pm (Oct-Mar) and 7.30pm (Apr-Sep)
Prices From Code: U3A3
On arrival at Ayers Rock Airport you’ll be transferred to the resort (flights to arrive prior to 1.30pm).
Visit the Uluru-Kata Tjuta Cultural Centre to learn more about the Western Desert region, then tour the sacred sites around the base of Uluru with a local Driver Guide. Walk to the Mutitjulu Waterhole, and view ancient Aboriginal rock art. In the late afternoon, relax with a glass of sparkling wine as the sun sets over Uluru, bringing out the myriad shades of colour for which the world’s largest monolith is renowned.
Hotel: Outback Pioneer Hotel, Desert Gardens Hotel or Sails in the Desert Hotel, Ayers Rock Resort.
Rise early to watch the first rays of the sun set Uluru and the Red Centre alight. Later, travel to the mystical domes of Kata Tjuta. On the way enjoy panoramic views of the southern side of Kata Tjuta before arriving at the base of Walpa Gorge. Spend time exploring the gorge and the unusual conglomerate rock formations.
This afternoon travel to Kings Canyon.
Hotel: Kings Canyon Resort, Standard Rooms or Kings Canyon Resort, Deluxe Spa Rooms
At sunrise, make the steep rocky climb to the rim of the Kings Canyon for spectacular views of Watarrka National Park. Follow the rim of the canyon, stopping to look down into the gorge from a series of lookout points along the way. The rim walk takes approximately 3 hours to complete and is rocky and steep in parts. If you wish to take an easier, shorter walk instead, you can explore the boulder-strewn canyon creek bed, getting up-close to the native plants and birdlife that call this part of the world home. Your Short Break concludes in Alice Springs.
As this Short Break concludes after 7.00pm, accommodation will need to be pre-booked for tonight.
Please note: This itinerary may be subject to change.
Prices above may vary according to your departure date.
For travel prior to 31 March 2020, itinerary operate as per 2019/20 brochure itinerary. For dates and prices, please contact our Reservations Team.
Choose from a range of accommodation standards below. AAT Kings has hand-picked a range of hotels in key destinations to suit all kinds of budgets and we’ve pre-negotiated amazing prices for you.
Day 1 - Sails in the Desert Hotel, Ayers Rock Resort.
In the heart of Australia's Red Centre, the hotel beautifully contrasts Uluru's raw natural beauty with a luxurious outback holiday experience.
Soaring white sails crown Ayers Rock Resort's Sails in the Desert Hotel, shading 228 luxury five star rooms and suites.
Day 2 - Kings Canyon Resort, Deluxe Spa Rooms
Set in a prime location and nestled in amongst a rugged bush setting, these rooms offer deluxe accommodation with a spacious spa bath and feature a window providing scenic views. Each Deluxe Spa Room also features a private balcony offering a magnificent outlook onto a rocky escarpment that is tastefully lit at night.
Need accommodation before or after your tour?
Our special discounted rates make booking accommodation with us during your holiday both easy and affordable at selected AAT Kings hotels and resorts. Ask our friendly reservations at the time of booking.
- • Accommodation
- • Uluru - Kata Tjuta National Park Ticket
- • Experienced Driver Guide
- • Comprehensive commentary
- • Travel in an air-conditioned coach
What to Bring
- • Enclosed walking shoes
- • Sunglasses, hat, sunscreen
- • Water bottle to hold 3 litres for the Rim Walk or 1.5 litres for the Creek Bed Walk
- • Warm layers in cooler months
- • Flynet in summer months (optional)
- • Cash if purchasing Aboriginal artwork
- • Snacks for breakfast (Day 2)
- • Uluru: Low level of fitness required. Approximately 1 hour gentle walk on flat ground.
- • Kata Tjuta: Moderate level of fitness required. Uneven surfaces to complete Walpa Gorge walk
- • Guests can return to the coach at any time if needed
- • Kings Canyon: Good level of fitness required for the 3 hour canyon Rim Walk
- • Low to moderate level of fitness required for the canyon Creek Bed Walk
- • Day 1: Flights to arrive prior to 1.30pm into Ayers Rock Airport
- • Day 3: We recommend guests to fly out the day after the tour finishes in Alice Springs