Japanese Uluru Sunrise and Kata Tjuta Tour
½ day | Uluru (Ayers Rock) Return
Travel to the sunrise viewing area with Japanese-speaking guide and watch the first sunlight of the day spread across the desert plain. Participate in a guided Kuniya Walk to the Mutitjulu Waterhole. Then travel to Kata Tjuta (the Olgas). Commence the 1 hour walk at Walpa Gorge.
Daily 04:45-06:15 (varies throughout the year) from Ayers Rock Resort
10:30-11:45 (varies throughout the year) to Ayers Rock Resort
+Park Entry Fee
Travel to Uluru (Ayers Rock) sunrise viewing area, Talinguru Nyakunytjaku, at the eastern end of Uluru. Watch the first sunlight of the day spread across the desert plain. Enjoy a warming cup of tea or coffee as the morning sun slowly changes the colour of Uluru. Participate in a guided Kuniya Walk to the Mutitjulu Waterhole (approx. 45 mins). Then travel to Kata Tjuta (the Olgas). Commence the 1 hour walk at Walpa Gorge at the base of Kata Tjuta (2.6km return). Along the way, your guide will point out and explain flora and fauna unique to this semi-arid environment. On your return to the coach enjoy a refreshing drink of barley tea (mugi-cha) and a cool refresher towel. Return to Ayers Rock Resort.
Please note: This itinerary may be subject to change.
Note: Emu Walk Apartments guests join at Desert Gardens, Lost Camel Hotel guests join at Sails in the Desert for hotel pickup.
- • Japanese-speaking Guide
- • Travel in an air-conditioned coach
- • Tea or coffee at sunrise viewing area
- • Barley Tea and Refresher Towel after guided walk
What to Bring
- • A minimum of 1 litre of water
- • Enclosed walking shoes
- • Sunglasses, hat, sunscreen
- • Flynet in summer months (optional)
- • Warm layers in cooler months
- • Kuniya Walk to the Mutitjulu Waterhole: Includes a lengthy 45 mins gentle walk on flat ground
- • Walpa Gorge Walk: Uneven surfaces to complete walk (1 hour walk at Walpa Gorge at the base of Kata Tjuta, approx. 2.6km return)
- • If you depart on QF1940 (for ASP), JQ668 (for BNE), QF754 (DRW) or JQ665 (for MEL), you will not be able to join this tour on the same day. Alternatively you may join 'Uluru Sunrise & Field of Light' tour, subject to availability.
- • If you depart on VA1628 (for SYD) after Y35 tour, you need to book Japanese passes (JY36 - Morning Uluru Connection or JY29 - Rock Connection) in order to meet your flight departure.